Web apps for human resources management and for hiring and talent management are not easy to find, especially if you’re looking for Open Source or free Web-based management tools. Despite this barrier, we’ve discovered a few free options and more “freemium” tools where you can use the tools for a basic price and pay a premium for advanced or special features.
The following 25 free and freemium Web apps for human resources and hiring are divided into two categories, and each link is listed alphabetically within those categories. All applications are Web-based tools or SaaS, so there is no install and no IT infrastructure required.
Recruitment and Talent Management
- ApplicantStack is an affordable and easy-to-use applicant tracking and eRecruitment software designed specifically for small to mid-size businesses. ApplicantStack is delivered as SaaS.
- ClickTime Web Timesheet is an easy-to-use online timesheet system for time tracking, billing, cost accounting, and payroll. Our intuitive interface, powerful reports, and hands-on customer service have earned high praise from customers like Target, Xerox, VISA & other businesses in 54+ countries.
- Halogen helps to leverage the potential of every employee, and confidently lead executive discussions on a host of workforce and talent management issues. Align your workforce, improve productivity, reduce costs and develop human capital as a competitive advantage.
- InfinityHR contains an employee portal that provides complete HR and benefits automation. No other HRIS-HRMS system can match Infinity’s workforce management solutions.
- Jobscience has been a market leader in human capital management solutions since 1999, providing a comprehensive suite of web-based products and services that meet the needs of any sized business across any industry.
- KnowledgeSum adopted SAAS to deliver top of the line labor management and scheduling services that are powerful, secure, auditable, and intuitive. You have several options available for your business size and budget.
- Open Applicant is a powerful Open Source applicant tracking and candidate assessment tool that brings a wide variety of features and capabilities to human resource professionals and hiring managers to make the recruiting and hiring process easy and effective.
- Ramco HCM addresses the entire employee life cycle. Delivered as on premises enterprise software, or through a completely outsourced BPO, Ramco HCM provides all types of companies with the leading edge capabilities needed to attract and retain the best workforce.
- StarTracka is the next practice Performance and Talent Management solution that understands the challenges of managing your people, and works to engage, motivate, reward and retain them. Features include career plans, mentoring and more.
- StepStone Solutions is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Total Talent Management Solutions, covering talent acquisition (e-recruitment) and talent management.
- TimeTrex tracks and monitors employee attendance accurately in real-time from anywhere in the world. They offer five different ways to track employee attendance that fits any company or budget, all in an Open Source environment. Cost for software is per employee.
- Web TimeSheet Time & Attendance Edition allows users to track time off, adjust payroll based on overtime calculations, and set up limits for minimum or maximum time submissions. Produced by Replicon, Inc., a global leader in timesheet and expense management software.
- Workstream TalentCenter 7.0 represents the next generation of Talent Management – empowering the enterprise to connect business objectives directly to the workforce as never before.
- EmpXtrack Starter Edition is a software suitable for the companies of all sizes that want to improve their HR Management using web-based tools. It empowers HR department to manage the employee data through software and enable employees to use HR services like leave, complaints and request, expenses through electronic forms.
- EazyHRM offers a complete human resources management solution that integrates and streamlines your HR operations while improving compliance and reporting. Part of EazyBusiness, building Open Source cloud-based business applications.
- Gradience software, even Gradience Basics, gives you the power to handle a wide range of HR and personnel management tasks, right from your desktop. Provides detailed, pre-designed reports you can customize in nearly countless ways (and export in PDF, html or Excel).
- JustLogin is an office administration and employee collaboration tools that makes information flow easy and speedy. You get to process leave and claim applications, conduct survey, booking meeting rooms and communicate, all without the paper trial and bottlenecks that usually come with such functions.
- Neocase HR is a trusted case management solution used in HR Shared Services Centers and HR Call Centers at large corporations such as Air France-KLM and Renault-Nissan.
- OrangeHRM aims to be the world’s leading Oen Surce HRM solution for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) by providing a flexible and easy to use HRM system affordable for any company worldwide.
- Sage, Inc. develops industry-leading solutions that help organizations transform the way they manage their people, fixed assets and planning processes. Their integrated set of HR solutions to help you more efficiently, and cost-effectively manage your employees through modular, affordable and adapatable solutions.
- Softworks provides HR reports including general attendance, overtime, flexitime, absence, holidays etc to ensure optimum productivity levels. But, they also supply much more. Visit the site to learn about their possibilities for various businesses.
- The Human Equation builds systems and processes to support an enterprise’s efforts to reach their business objectives and develops technologies and methodologies that support an enterprise’s efforts to build and reinforce effective risk management practices.
- UltiPro, from Ultimate Software, is the strategic end-to-end HRMS/payroll and talent management software solution that makes everyone in your organization more effective. The end result is an empowered HR and payroll staff that can access critical information quickly and perform routine business activities more efficiently.
- Vista HRMS contains a HR component that unleashes the power to create and maintain an organized database of employees, applicants and positions. You can use the system for the simple job of tracking basic employee data or to manage any type of employee information to support your own internal HR programs.
- WaypointHR is an Open Source human resource database, providing organisations worldwide with a free, stable, immediate and flexible Human Resource Management System (HRIS) in which to electronically store staff data and personnel records, doing away with the need for paper-based records.