Working in human resources means invoking strategies and policies as they relate to the everyday management of individual employees. HR is responsible for organization, record-keeping, conduct management, employee benefits and other related daily tasks. If you’re interested in human resources and pursuing a related degree, it is helpful to learn how to attract, motivate and retain the best employees within an organization. Supplementing your education by researching other helpful and informative sites will offer you a more well-rounded understanding of the field. These excellent Q&A sites provide information about human resources in various environments such as in federal jobs, universities, and even abroad. Find out the ins and outs of this field from experts themselves.
A human resources professional needs to know a lot. In addition to understanding company policies and procedures, a human resources professional also needs to know some of the laws and policies surrounding employment. And there are a lot of them. If you are looking for information about different topics related to work and HR, you can look online for some great resources.
Indeed, the Internet can be a great place to look for information — as long as you verify that it comes from a reputable source. If you have questions related to human resources, you can have them answered with a little help from the Internet. Here are 20 useful Q & A sites for human resources professionals:
Web apps for human resources management and for hiring and talent management are not easy to find, especially if you’re looking for Open Source or free Web-based management tools. Despite this barrier, we’ve discovered a few free options and more “freemium” tools where you can use the tools for a basic price and pay a premium for advanced or special features. (more…)
When you work in human resources, it is a good idea to keep your skills sharp and learn what you need to about working with people in a business environment. If you are interested in learning more about human resources, or if you just want to hone your skills as a human resources manager, here are 50 free open courseware classes about human resources. (more…)
Your decision to climb the human resources career ladder is a competitive move, but your job choice might be mitigated by the vast amount of work provided within this field. You might be satisfied working in a corporate environment, or you might strike out on your own as a consultant if you have a higher degree in this field. From recruitment to employment law and from leadership development to career moves, HR covers the gamut. (more…)
Human resources is a term that is used for management of people in a organization. The field is now has changed from merely handling administrative tasks to strategic ones like a link between the talented people and organizational duties. The original usage derives from political economy and economics. Below provided open courseware can help in better understanding of topic of human resource.
- EduChoices: As a pioneering effort The Open University has provided a free online version of their ‘Human Resources: Recruitment and Selection’ course, that is an undergraduate-level course providing the complete review of the hiring process from Human resource perspective.
- Courseware on Industrial Relation: Prepared by Dr. Jacobo Ramirez, this course ware relates the Theme of Human Resource Management (HRM) with interests and career aspirations. This courseware deals with all issues like staffing the organization, designing jobs and teams, developing skillful employees, recognizing approaches for improving performances and rewarding employees success.
- Human Resource Health: It is a manuscript provided on areas of planning, producing and managing human resources for health. Here one can have all the best updates in human resource sector in form of news, articles and features.
- Journal of Behavioral Studies in Business: This journal publishes original, unpublished manuscripts in co-ordination to accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing. It is published by the Academic and Business Research Institute.
- Optimum Online: This is a Journal of Public Sector Management as produced by The Summit Group from aid and help from Centre of Governance, University of Ottawa. This online journal is the best place for publication focusing over national and international topics at the managerial front of public administration. It publishes theoretical as well as applied materials to deal with current and future needs of the public sector management.
- Strategic HR Management: This courseware provided by MIT University is based upon human resource management strategies on issues of systematical and strategic thinking on managing human assets and methods to implement those strategies to have a competitive edge and advantage. It deals with human resource topics like reward systems, performance management, high-performance human resource systems, training and development, recruitment, retention, equal employment opportunity laws, work-force diversity, and union-management relationships.
- Human Resource Asia: This is dedicated to the two journals for business management professional as to provide weekly review of the most relevant journals for HRM, Human Resource Management, and Human Resource Development, training, management, development, personnel, employee satisfaction, organizational change, employee development, management and managerial psychology.
An online masters degree in human resources is the best gateway to becoming a professional in handling matters relating to employees. Every company that is interested in ensuring that the future is bright has to invest in human capital. An online masters in human resources is the best qualification for someone who wants to manage employees of reputable companies.
The most common areas of focus for this degree program is human resource dynamics, laws and regulations governing human resources, compensation systems, labor relations, civil rights, sex roles, organization policy and employee training and appraisal.
Most of the people who pursue an online masters qualification in this discipline do so as a result of high competitiveness that exists in the job market today. In most cases, these people have a bachelors qualification in a similar or related discipline. Yet for others, it is work experience that has driven them into aspiring to become human resource managers at a higher level.
When it comes to selecting an online program, accredited institutions are the best to choose. The university should expose you to the interpersonal aspect of human resource in case you have freshly graduated with a bachelors degree in human resource management. In case you have been working, the masters degree offers a new, fresh scholarly approach to human resource challenges affecting the corporate arena and how best they can be solved.
One good institution for acquiring this valuable masters qualification is Abilene Christian University. The program offered here contains 36 units which are organized into weekly online discussion boards and assignments. A local practicum which is supervised is mandatory to all students.
At the University of Maryland, the qualification that one gets is referred to as Master of Science in Management, Human resource management. Here you need to have credits in all the 15 core units. Additionally, you need to have 21 credits in units of specialization in human resources. The capstone classes are designed to ensure that the students have a complete mastery of the discipline by the time they are acquire the masters degree.
One main advantage of pursuing an online masters degree is that it lasts for a short duration. At St. Leo University, Florida, the program lasts for a maximum of 6 months. Students take only two courses each semester and each semester lasts for 8 weeks. The course exposes students to the fundamentals of the business world as far as human resources are concerned.